It’s that time of year! The days are getting longer, the daffodils are blooming, the birds are chirping and building their nests – Spring is in the air! Time to shake of the winter and embrace the freshness of the season. And, time for spring cleaning!
Here is a challenge – think about how you can spring clean your business so that you can walk into the rest of the year with a fresh perspective and a clean workplace.
Here are five ways to spring clean your business:
- Refresh your website. Take some time to visit your website and click through all of the pages. Is there information that you need to update? Photos that you can replace? Do all of your links work correctly? Also, consider ways that you can optimize your SEO. A blog is a great place to start!
- Clean up and organize your inbox. Go through your folders, desktop, deleted/sent emails, and purge or organize. Do you need to consider a better system for how you receive and store your email communications? Now is the time to reset and refresh.
- Tidy up your office space. Look at your desk…can you see it? Is your floor piled with papers? Are you able to be productive in your space? A cluttered desk creates a cluttered mind. Clean up your work environment to eliminate the distractions. And since a lot of us are working from home, this is extremely important for our work and family balance.
- Declutter and digitize your files. Go through your file cabinet and purge old documents and files. Consider moving those that you need to store long term into another spot – either file boxes, or scan them digitally for permanent storage in the cloud. And while you’re at it, consider implementing a digital file system. It will reduce the amount of paper you have lying around and make documents easier to store and find later.
- Brush up on your marketing strategy. Marketing tactics keep evolving and it’s important for your business to stay fresh and relevant. Take some time to learn and implement some marketing strategies that will help you stay top of mind. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Tradeshow marketing
- Automated email marketing
- Revisit your brand and message
- Social media platforms
Look at the trends and decide which will work best to give you a leap forward.
Happy Cleaning & Happy Spring!
For assistance on leading with vision and managing with wisdom in your company, connect with us! We’d love to assist you in your leadership journey.